Meet The Founder
Cherine is a corporate lawyer with over 10 years experience in Corporate, Commercial, Mining, Logistics and Risk Management.
Cherine Trained at Top Tier Law Firms, including Hogan Lovells and has been employed as Head of Legal for listed Companies, including Eqstra Ltd.
She has an LLB (Cum Laude, an LLM (Tax) and a Post-Graduate Certificate in Mining Law
Tel: +27 72 479 3863
OVER 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE
trained at top tier firms
A Corporate, Commercial, Construction, Logistics, Mining and Risk Management Lawyer. With Over 10 Years cross border experience (South Africa, Mozambique, Botswana, Saudi Arabia, India And Indonesia).
Trained at Top Tier Law Firms and Listed Companies and have an excellent academic background including awards. Dedicated in providing clients with timeous, exceptional and specialised commercial solutions and advice.
Specialising In National And International Projects, including inter alia: Advising, Consulting, Drafting, Negotiating and Implementing Complex Corporate and Commercial documents and agreements, relating to new and existing Projects and Services, the Incorporation of New Entities, Mergers and Acquisitions, Sale Agreements, Share/Assets/Business and Swaps, Joint Ventures, Shareholder Agreements, Supply Chain Management (3pl & 4pl), Distribution Agreements, Warehouse Agreements, Section 197 Labour Agreements, Contract Mining Agreements, Drilling & Blasting Agreements, Supplier Agreements, Service Levels, Business Terms and Conditions, Incoterms, Lease Agreements, Due Diligences, Tender Matters, Constructions Agreements (Fidic, Jbcc, Nec) and Dispute Resolution Management
- 2004: Bachelor of Law (LLB) (with distinction): 4-year full-time degree, through the University of South Africa:
- Majored in corporate and commercial subjects, including Advanced Contract Law, Advanced Company Law, Advanced Tax Law, Banking Law, E-Commerce and Insurance Law
- Awarded medal for the best performance in the LLB for the academic year of 2004
- 2005: Master of Laws (LLM) – Specialising in Tax Law:
- Personal and Corporate Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Estate Duty, Transfer Duty, Value added Tax and Donations Tax – with specific focus on corporate tax
- 2008: Admitted as an Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- 2012:Certificate in Mining& Prospecting Law (Wits)
- Head of Legal: MCC Group Of Companies – The Mining Division of Eqstra Holdings Limited (a company listed on the JSE)
- Senior Legal Counsel: Barloworld Logistics Limited
- Senior Legal Associate: Tabacks & Associates
- Junior Associate: Eversheds (now Hogan Lovells)